Here are the highlights from the Township of Drummond/North Elmsley Council meeting held on Tuesday, December 13, 2022.
2023 Council and Committee of the Whole Meeting Calendar
Council approved the 2023 meeting schedule. Council meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. There are some exceptions that accommodate the Council vacation in the month of July and the Christmas Holidays where the meetings will occur on December 12 and 19.
Chain of Command Bylaw: The head of council has the authority to declare and terminate emergencies under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. Other powers include taking such action and issuing orders as he or she considers necessary and are not contrary to law to implement the emergency plan of the municipality and to protect property and the health, safety and welfare of the inhabitants of the emergency area. It is crucial to have a command structure in place to deal with emergencies. In the event of absence by the Reeve or Deputy Reeve, the Chain of Command bylaw sets out the order of command for the Members of Council in an emergency.
Committees and Boards Appointments Bylaw:
• D/NE Trail Committee: Reeve Steve Fournier, Councillor John Matheson, Councillor Ray Scissons, Councillor Paul Kehoe, Nox McKimm, Alex Clark and Carson Thompson
• Economic Development Committee: Reeve Steve Fournier, Councillor Ray Scissons, Councillor Paul Kehoe, and James Healey
• Committee of Adjustment: Councillor Paul Kehoe, Sean Kennedy, and Karl Grenke
• Rideau Valley Conservation Authority: Reeve Steve Fournier
• Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority: Councillor Paul Kehoe
• Drug Strategy Committee: Reeve Steve Fournier
• Drummond/North Elmsley Tay Valley Fire Rescue Board: Councillor John Matheson, Councillor Paul Coutts, Councillor Ray Scissons.
Zoning Amendment Bylaw: 2549 Tennyson Road to permit a garden suite.
• Council Meeting: December 20, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
• Committee of the Whole: December 20, 2022 following the Council meeting