Here are the highlights from the Township of Drummond/North Elmsley Council meeting held on Tuesday, November 22, 2022.
Road Allowance Land Exchange
Council passed a resolution to declare a portion of the unopened road allowance between Concession 6 and 7 Lot 3 surplus to its needs. The road allowance is blocked for usage by the rail tracks. The applicant, D. Scissons, proposes to exchange land with the Township and move the road allowance away from the tracks. The intent is to create a one-acre parcel which could be sold to the owner of a land-locked parcel to give him access to a public road.
The Township will not be spraying noxious weeds on its roads. Instead, the weeds will be mowed.
- Grant Agreement with the Federation of Canadian Municipalities for asset management funding in the amount of $50,000.
- Appointments to the Township’s Emergency Management Municipal Control and Program Committee to recognize recent staff changes.
- Animal Control Services Agreement with Laura Lowson. The new contract covers a $250/month increase.
- Zoning Amendment for 145 Morris Road South to permit a four-unit townhouse.
- Council Meeting: December 13, 2022 at 5:00 p.m
-Committee of the Whole
-Special Meeting on December 6, 2022 for the gun range rezoning
- Regular meeting on December 13, 2022 following the Council meeting
- Public Meeting for the 2023 budget December 13, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.