Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
March 14, 2022
As our pandemic response slows down, we can now turn our focus to the School Immunization Catch-Up Program for students in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark. We have approximately 5300 students that are behind in their Hep B, HPV and Meningococcal vaccines and an additional 860 that are behind on their 14-16 year old booster (Tdap).
Starting March 21st, 2022, we will be offering these vaccines in our clinic locations where the COVID-19 vaccine is also being offered.
Eligible Birth Years/ Grades:
- Hep B: Grades 7-10 only
- HPV: Grades 7 – 12 + 2002- 2003 (Girls only)
- Meningococcal: Grades 7-12
- Tdap: Typically those in grade 12 that have missed their 14-16 booster.
NOTE: These vaccines will not be offered in schools this year and eligibility is grade dependent. Please make arrangements to attend a clinic and not miss this opportunity for your child.
- Review immunization information to see which immunizations their child needs
- Book an appointment through a local online booking system or you can call 1-844-369-1234 (open Monday to Friday from 8:30am–4:00pm) and book an appointment with a member of our call centre staff.
Parents are reminded about the following COVID-19 precautions on the day of the clinic:
1. Complete the provincial screening tool and follow instructions given. DO NOT ATTEND if student screens positive.
- Please notify screeners when you arrive and follow directions given.
- Students must wear face covering.
- Please be prepared to wait 15 minutes after your appointment.
For more information, visit our immunization page. For updates, follow LGLHealthunit on Facebook or Twitter or lglhealthunit.z on Instagram.