Effective June 11th, 2021 at 12:01 am, the Government of Ontario is moving the province into Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen. This decision is based on the current province-wide vaccination rate, ongoing improvements in various public health regions, and other key health system indicators.
As a result of this announcement, the Township will reopen its office doors to the public subject to the following:
- Patrons will be required to wear a mask when entering the building.
- The Township encourages inquiries through its website, by telephone or email in order to minimize risk to customers and employees.
- Offices are open to the public for typical transactions such as submitting applications, processing payments, and answering standard questions; however, patrons are asked to make an appointment for inquiries or transactions that will require a greater amount of staff time or attention. This ensures staff availability and preparedness and prevents longer lineups.
- When accessing Township offices, customers will be expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Ensure you do not feel ill or exhibit any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Wear a face mask.
- Stay 2m away from other people.
- Provide contact tracing information.
- Only one (1) customer can enter at a time, to a maximum of two (2) people per household.
- Debit or cheques are the preferred form of payment during this time.
- The drop-box at the front door remains available to drop off applications and payments.
Drummond Hall, Ferguson’s Falls Community Hall, and the Code Road ReUse Centre remain closed at this time. The Rideau Ferry Docks are open to the public provided social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
The Township thanks all residents in advance for following these important guidelines when visiting our offices.
The Township is committed to balancing community needs with the safety of its residents and employees in its approach to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the Township’s response to COVID-19 page for more information.