Roadway Classification System
- Class 4 – Max Speed Limit 80 km/hr.2,000 to 3,999 vehicles per day
- Class 5 – Max Speed Limit 80 km/hr.50 to 1,999 vehicles per day
- Class 6 – Speed Limit less than 80 km/hr.less than 50 vehicles per day
Any vehicle parked in contravention of this by-law may be towed away at the owner’s risk and expense and shall be liable upon summary conviction to a fine.
The Township of Drummond/North Elmsley is not responsible for damage to mailboxes, newspaper boxes or parked vehicles that may interfere with the snow plowing of roads.
Restricted Weight Loads Notice (Half-loads)
Restricted loads are usually in effect from March 1st to mid-May. Please check the local newspapers, the Township web site or call 613-267-6500 to confirm schedule.
Reduced Loads in effect Monday February 26, 2018
Reporting Street Light Outages
Please call the Township Office at 613-267-6500 to report a streetlight that is out/cycling/flickering. We will need the pole number, or the closest civic address number, and the road name.
Entrance & Civic Address Sign Permits/Fees
Costs associated with these permits are as follows:
Entrance Permit $100
- A deposit of $900 is required prior to the approval of the permit.
- This deposit will be returned provided that the installation is complete and meets the requirements of the entrance approval.
Civic Address Sign & Post $70.00
Replacement, Sign only, $40.00
Replacement, Post only, $30.00