Township of Drummond/North Elmsley, Tay Valley Township, and the Town of Perth - Joint Recreation Master Plan
The Township of Drummond/North Elmsley, Tay Valley Township, and the Town of Perth are embarking on the preparation of a joint Recreation Master Plan to guide the municipalities’ direction in planning recreational facilities and services. Sierra Planning and Management has been commissioned to develop the Master Plan. The principal objectives of the project are to determine community priorities and develop a series of recommendations and action steps to accommodate the current and future recreational needs of the three municipalities. The Plan will guide future investment in facilities, programs, services and partnerships.
The Master Plan will be developed through a comprehensive consultation process, including public engagement sessions and public and user group online surveys. Keep checking this webpage to follow progress of the project and see how you can provide your input to the Master Plan.
Proposed project and community engagement timeline
- Public introductory meetings:
- Sat July 20th from 09:30 to 11:30 am at the Lanark County Council Chambers, 99 Christie Lake Road, Perth, ON K7H 3C6
- Tues July 23rd from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at the Lanark County Council Chambers, 99 Christie Lake Road, Perth, ON K7H 3C6
- Online public and user group survey: Commencing late July 2019
- Public Open House: Mid-October 2019
- Submission of the final Joint Recreation Master Plan: Early December 2019
PLEASE TAKE OUR RECREATION SURVEY
The Township of Drummond/North Elmsley is conducting a survey to establish priorities for the future development of our recreation facilities, programs and services. We will use the information obtained in this survey to update our Recreation Master Plan. Your opinions and ideas matter. An important part of the planning process is receiving input from our residents to form our goals and objectives relating to recreation. With this plan, we hope to enrich the future of our community and have a positive effect on our quality of life.